Last Updated: 12/17/2014
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
Storie collects information you provide directly to us. For example, Storie collects information when you create an account, participate in any interactivefeatures of the Services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information Storie may collect include your name, emailaddress, login information, photographs, videos and any other information or content you choose to provide.
Information Storie Collects Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services, Storie automatically collects information about you, including the following:
- Log Information: Storie collects log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: Storie collects information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, device tokens and mobile network information.
- Location Information: Storie may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use Storie’s mobile application or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Storie and its service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored onyour hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, countvisits and store identification and authentication information for when you access the Service. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in theServices or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how todisable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Storie also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information Storie collects through the Services. For example, if you connectto one of your social media accounts through the Services, Storie will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, accountinformation and friends and contact lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We also may collectinformation about you if another user with your contact information invites you to use the Service.
USE OF INFORMATION
Storie may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Storie and others, and provide news and informationStorie thinks will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features and recommendations that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Storie is based in the United States and the information Storie collects is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providinginformation to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With other users of the Service, such as when we recommend another user follow you;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on Storie’s behalf;
- In response to a request for information if Storie believes disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legalprocess;
- If Storie believes your actions are inconsistent with Storie’s user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Storie orothers;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, reorganization or acquisition of all or a portion ofStorie’s business by another company;
- Between and among Storie and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Storie may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Storie takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration anddestruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time [by logging into your online account, contacting us at email@example.com. If youwish to deactivate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that Storie may retain certain information as required by law or forlegitimate business purposes. Storie may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
During your use of the Services, Storie may ask whether you consent to the mobile application’s collection of your location information. If you initiallyconsent to Storie’s collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing thepreferences on your mobile device. You may also stop Storie’s collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove allof Storie’s mobile application from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Storie by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, Storie may stillsend you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or your ongoing business relations with Storie.